Assembly and painting
Laying out the new wiring loom on a special prepared board. I prepared the new wiring loom to accommodate a few extra electrical components.
Soldering on the new connectors
Miscellaneous parts hanging to dry. They where all painted with Hamorite and holding op nicely after 3 years of use.
The frame for the roof lining. I cleaned up both of them before fitting them out with new fabric.
I took place behind my mothers sewing machine. I used directions my dad found in an old sidelight. I shorted the distance between the loops because I used a bit more stretchy material.
Glueing the ends to the frame. The cloth pegs where generously loaned to my by my mother. They where also used to glue the fabric to the aperture for the rear window.
The body was sandblasted and sprayed with hot zinc (scooperen) I would not recommend sandblasting an Austin
Inside of the car painted.
We treated the bottom of the car and fitted the steering and back axle. After painting the inside of the car.
Mounting the front suspension with the slightly larger A40 drums. The A40 drums have been replaced with disk brakes in January of 2013.
The car was turned back on it's wheels .
The doors, wings and engine was fitted before paint.
The outside of the austin was wet sanded before paint. Obviously it's important to use blocks to sand tje largest surface possible.